Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Makeup Corner: What I'm loving 9/5/12 Edition

Lately I've been passing up my MAC "Soft Ochre" Paint Pot for Urban Decay's Primer Potion in "Eden." I got it for a great deal--only $9 from Nordstrom Rack.  It is easier to use in a hurry than the paint pot, which is why I've been favoring it lately.
After using my trusted, tried and true Neutrogena mineral foundation for years I decided to switch it up a bit in my last visit to Ulta. I've been using the Lorac Porfection Baked Perfecting Powder lately as my foundation.  It is actually meant to set liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer (or bb cream), but I find that it gives me more than enough coverage (I prefer very light coverage), feels light, and it doesn't sink into my skin the way liquid foundation does (I HATE the feeling of liquid foundation--even a moisturizer feels unpleasant to me).  I don't have large or noticeable pores, so I can't weigh in if they do diminish their appearance, but it is a nice, soft powder foundation or a powder that can be used to amp up the coverage of another liquid foundation.  Next I will try the BareMinerals Ready foundation.



MAC's "Well Dressed" has been my go-to blush for the month.  I love that it's a no-fuss blush.  I can swirl my blush brush in the pan as much as I please, tap off a bit and go.  I don't have to worry about looking like I'm sunburnt or bruised or if I am being too heavy handed.  It's a no stress blush.  


Benefit's "Benetint" has been my favorite lip product for the summer.  It adds that natural, Snow White look to a simple face.  It can also be used on the cheeks, but I'm a little too pale for that and end up looking burnt.
Maybelline's BabyLips in "Grapevine" is such a beautiful color for my complexion.  And it's less than $4!

No comments:

Post a Comment